Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lemon Meringue Pie


It's truly cold for what seems like the first time this winter. I'm in need of some indoor sunshine. It came to me in the form of a smooth, tart brilliantly yellow pie.

I had the day off for primaries and was waiting around for the oil man, sifting through this week's food blogs.At La Mia Cucina, I came across a lemon meringue that looked just like the one my grandma always made for me when I stayed with her for the summer. Get the daring bakers' recipe challenge here.

Three hours and a sink full of dirty dishes later, I had my retreat from the snow outside. It was tart and silky inside, topped with a billowing sweet pillow all in a flaky buttery crust. Heaven.



(Plus I had an excuse to use my torch for something other than toasting marshmallows. Yes, I toast marshmallows on a fork with a creme brulee torch. What exactly is so weird about that? Yeah - that's what I thought!)



Is it wrong I went back for more for breakfast this morning?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails